I        PRASLIN        I          LA DIGUE         I       OTHER ISLANDS       I       USEFUL INFOS       I      CONTACT       I     HOME





A church wedding without a civil ceremony is not recognised as being legal and the parties must therefore contract a civil wedding prior to the religious ceremony.
Persons wishing to organise their own wedding must apply to the Seychelles Civil Status Office in Victoria on Mahé for a civil ceremony and the relevant church body for the religious ceremony.
The wedding is planned at least 2 months in advance to allow for the processing of documentation.The couple must be present in Seychelles at least 2 days prior to the civil ceremony.
Couples must advise the Civil Status Office of their wedding date at least 11 calendar days in advance. However, this 11-day period may be exempted by applying for a Special Licence, normally issued within 2 days from the date of application at a charged fee.

Weddings can be performed in the Civil Status Office on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 0900hrs and 1100hrs, in the presence of 2 witnesses provided by the parties themselves.
Couples wishing to marry outside the Civil Status Office will be required to pay a fee.
Civil ceremonies may be conducted around the hotel property with permission from both the hotel and the Civil Registrar. Weddings outside the hotel property can only be performed in private and authorised places. The authorisation needs to be obtained from the Civil Registrar.

A fee is charged for ceremonies held after 1700hrs on a weekday or at any time on a Saturday (Seychelles Civil Status Office). No ceremony on Sunday.

Legally conducted marriages in Seychelles are recognised under European laws.
There are no nationality requirements that need to be fulfilled.
A special stamp (apostille) is required to validate the marriage certificate obtained after the civil ceremony for all nationalities except for British nationals. This stamp is available at the Registrar’s office located at the Supreme Court for a fee of SCR140.


Originals or copies duly certified before departure from one’s home country and translated into either English or French if the translation has not already been made:
- birth certificate
- if either party is divorced, the decree of divorce must be produced
- if either of the parties is a widow/widower the death certificate of the former spouse must be produced
- legal proof in the case of a name having been changed
- copies of the first 2 pages of both parties’ valid passports
- document to show that there is no impediment or lawful hindrance to the intended marriage (If this cannot be obtained, an affidavit has to be signed in Seychelles after a solemn declaration has been made to that effect)

French law requires that French nationals wishing to get married abroad follow certain specific procedures. For information concerning these, contact either your local municipality or the Seychelles Civil Status Office or the French Embassy in Seychelles.

(La Ciotat, Mont Fleuri - BP 478 - Victoria, Mahé -


Civil Status
Seychelles Civil Status Office , PO Box 430, Victoria, Mahé
Tel: (248) 429 36 04/ 13 / 14 - -  Email:
OpenMon-Frii: 0800hrs-1200hrs & 1300hrs-1600hrs
Closed on weekends and public holidays
- PRASLIN - Céline ROSELIE - Tel (248) : 423 39 04 - Mail:
- LA DIGUE- Ranie JEANNE - Tel (248): 252 07 53 - 258 69 87 - Mail:

Jean-Philippe DELPECH & (248) 256 50 04 (Praslin & La Digue)
Roger POTHIN & (248) 258 85 00 (Praslin & La Digue)

Wedding Cake
Sophie’s Bakerie (La Digue). Gâteaux pour tous les événements / Cakes for all occasions. Tel (248) 254 15 66 -

Photography, video
. Paul TURCOTTE, FILM PRODUCTION SERVICES - Photos & Video - Tel:(248) 251 50 70 - -
. Claude DOWAY - Photo -

Make up- Mancure - Massage
. Agnette - La Digue - Tel: (248) 256 56 36 - 423 50 12 - Mail:
(Autres services: Pédicure - Epilation - Soin du corps )